Looking for executive education specifically for corporate learning professionals?
- The Financial Times acknowledged IMD as one of the best institutions in the world for executive education and open programs.
- Our Organizational Learning in Action program is 100% committed to developing global leaders through high-impact executive education.
- Take your career to the next level today by strengthening your existing skills and acquiring the skills you are missing.
Find out how IMD's Organizational Learning in Action program helps you drive successful corporate learning. Download the (NEW) program brochure now.
Corporate Education: Promote talent development through corporate education
Corporate education can add real value to an organization's business development goals. To succeed, the company's corporate learning officer (or education executive or training manager) must ensure that executive education courses and programs are strategically aligned with business values. They must determine internal and external resources and tap into today's best corporate training techniques for human capital development. Finally, the corporate learning officer must identify the organization's specific learning and development needs to promote talent and capability development through corporate education.
Leveraging your resources for corporate education
To deliver the best corporate education, it is important to establish your internal and external learning resources. This tells you the "where and how" for your optimal corporate training package. Even smaller organizations can access resources to make quality executive education an employee value proposition.
- In-house management training courses centralize training, create unity in the workforce, and enable faster program delivery and knowledge/skills transfer the job.
- Business school courses offer the benefits of cutting-edge business and training expertise.
- Offering some in-house corporate education along with access to business management classes at top business management schools means gaining the advantages of each.
Learning techniques for corporate education
Today's techniques for corporate education go far beyond the classroom. Skilled corporate learning officers think creatively to build corporate training offers that inspire staff and ensure a strong talent pipeline.
- Action learning: This integrated approach in executive education is one of the most efficient learning processes. It can include, for example, leadership exercises, company-based projects, work exchanges, consultancy projects and onsite learning in places that are particularly impacting the changing face of global business.
- Leadership coaching: An executive coaching consultant offers expert guidance to help executives become aware of their personal leadership style, of human behavior and of group dynamics in general.
- Mixed on-campus and e-learning: Being on campus at top business schools offers managers contact with world-class faculty, an energizing learning environment, hands-on action learning, and great networking. Off-campus assignments help them deepen critical thinking and later integrate corporate education on the job.
- Team corporate education: Programs for specific teams are beneficial for developing a common approach, a common language and ultimately a cohesive business development strategy.
- Bespoke corporate training programs: These are based directly on your company challenges and business strategies. Ensure long-term leadership strength and capability development by partnering with a top-ranked business school for tailored corporate education.
Corporate education that fits organizational learning and development needs
As corporate learning officer, you want to align talent management training with corporate strategy for a direct impact on business results. A good way to do this is through a formal L&D strategy that connects business, strategy and training.
Some of the key areas to consider for corporate education within an L&D strategy include:
- Business strategy: Corporate education can support both the development and implementation of business strategies. Good business strategy management training enables participants to examine the factors behind business challenges and develop strategies that fit.
- Finance: A corporate finance course provides skills to create shareholder value, ensure capability development, manage large investment projects, and lead mergers and acquisitions.
- Effective negotiation skills: Negotiation training courses help executives develop effective negotiations skills to drive the dialogue and dynamics of the interaction. Strong negotiators can better manage change and conflict for improved business outcomes.
- Brand marketing strategy: Marketing classes can help sales and marketing managers integrate the drivers of customer value, behavior and choice. They learn to formulate a differentiated value proposition in the customer analysis marketing plan.
- Stakeholder management: Top business managers create stakeholder engagement for responsible business practice and smoother project implementation. They will be able to hone these skills through stakeholder management corporate education.
Looking for a Corporate Education from a Top-Ranked Business School?
Use our interactive Program Finder to find the best executive development program for you!